Our fall field trips are geared towards preschool through 2nd graders, but we do have expanded lesson plans for 3rd - 5th graders.
DATES: Sept. 22 - Nov. 3, 2017
DATES: Tuesday - Friday
TIMES: 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30
Students will learn about plant and animal science, including:
- Basic needs of a plant
- Life cycle and structure of a pumpkin plant
- Weather effects, including seasonal changes on a farm
- Importance of pollination & use of honey bees
- Basic needs of farm animals
- Visit with our calves, pigs, chickens, goats, and big pig "Penelope"
- Relevance of irrigation system
- Jobs in agriculture
Students will also receive ample time on our farm playground and will pick a pie pumpkin from our patch before loading back onto wagon. For added fun, we have a kid-friendly Corn Maze that takes about 20 minutes to complete. This maze allows teachers to lead students through with the goal to find five finger-chalk stations that are hidden inside!
|CHOOSE YOUR PACKAGE
|Hayride Package (includes pumpkin)
||$8 per student or parent
|Hayride/Ice-cream Package (includes pumpkin)
||$9 per student or parent
|Hayride/Ice-cream/Corn Maze (includes pumpkin)
||$10 per student or parent
- We are a farm, so tell your students to dress accordingly (ex. light jackets/ old shoes)
- No pets allowed.
- Picnic area available.
- Parent Chaperone Policy: We welcome parents on our field trips, BUT we must know the approximate number of parents your school expects at booking in order to reserve your wagons. (We suggest no more than 4 parents per class of 20 students for an optimal field trip experience. )
- Parents/ siblings are charged same price as chosen student package (ages 2 & up).
There is a minimum of 20 paying participants for group field trips. For less than 20 participants, it is possible for us to combine you with a larger group. Please call for availability (864) 461-3000.